We have two tiers of membership:
- Associate: the initial “entry” level which is available immediately upon joining; and
- Full: open to drivers and riders, with a full New Zealand Driver Licence in the appropriate class(es), who have passed either of their IAM RoadSmart advanced tests.
Membership is $60.00 per annum plus a test fee to be paid when joining of $50.00 is also payable.
The normal joining process is as follows:
- You complete the online application form (No payment necessary at this stage)
- Your local group will then arrange an initial assessment ride/drive with an Observer who will explain more fully the processes and goals. There is no cost or obligation involved.
- After the initial assessment, you pay the annual membership fee and test fee and you will then become an Associate Member.
- You will then be assigned a qualified Observer to mentor you to the Advanced Test standard.
Once you pass the Advanced Test you will be awarded full membership status at no extra charge for the remainder of the financial year in which you join.
Joining another IAM RoadSmart NZ category
You can join a second category (e.g. motorcycle in addition to car or vice versa) a test fee of $50 is payable before you start being observed in the second category. Your annual subscription remains the same, regardless of the number of categories you’ve joined.
To maintain your membership you’ll need to renew and pay your membership fee of *$60.00.
Let’s get you started…
Please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.